Participation of Algeria in the International Mathematical Olympiad
Algeria participated in the 62nd edition of the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO), which brought together more than 500 participants from 107 countries, and organized by the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation and the government of St. Petersburg.
The tournament took place on Monday 19 and Tuesday 20 July 2021 by videoconference from the Mohand Mokhbi Mathematics High School in Kouba, Algiers, in the presence of Mr. RAHMANI Abdallah, head of delegation and member of the Algerian Mathematical Olympiad Commission (COAM), and Mr. HEZOUAT Abd Eldjalil, deputy head of delegation, and the six students, representing the national team:
- CHOUIKRAT Maya, Third year secondary school, High school Diar El Bahri, Beni Merad Blida.
- BELKHIR Fida El Hak, Third year secondary school, High school Brothers–El–Amrani, Batna.
- MERS Wafa, Third year secondary school, Mathematics High school, Mohand Mokhbi, Kouba, Alger.
- GUERFI Choubaila, Second year secondary school, Mathematics high school of Mohand Mokhbi, Kouba, Alger.
- MEDDOUR Mohamed Wacyl, First year secondary school, High school Rabah Bitat, Mohammadia, Alger.
- KENANE Youcef, First year secondary school, Mathematics high school, Mohand Mokhbi Kouba, Alger.
The COAM, chaired by Pr. BELBACHIR Hacène and based at the Nationale Institute for Research in Education (INRE), which is headed by Pr. BERNAOUI Radia, is in charge of preparing the Algerian team for the IMO, the selected students receive regular training courses and training exercises, the selection of the six students representing Algeria is made at the end of these training.
We congratulate our most talented students for honouring our country with their participation in this great international event.